Want to see the sunrise from the highest point of Bali? Don’t miss this private hiking route on Mount Agung – an experience you’ll never forget!
There are two different routes to climb to the top of Mount Agung in Bali. At the time of booking, you can choose the one that best suits your experience level. Both include pickup from your hotel between 8 and 11 pm and return transfer, an exclusive English-speaking guide, and breakfast with tea or coffee.
Pasar Agung Temple route (8 hours)
This route is ideal for beginners. We’ll start walking up the Pasar Agung Temple route until we reach an altitude of 9,403 feet (2,866 m), stopping along the way for breakfast. The Pasar Agung trail does not go all the way to the top of Mount Agung but ends about 330 feet (100 m) below the peak. Not to worry, the views are just as impressive from this point! After marveling at the spectacular scenery, we’ll return to the base.
Besakih Temple route (16 hours)
The Besakih Temple route is the most challenging, but the effort will be well worth it when you reach the summit of Mount Agung. Perched at a towering altitude of 9,842 feet (3,000 m), you’ll witness one of the most beautiful sunrises of your life! To get there, we’ll cross the dense jungle of Besakih, needing to use our hands to pull ourselves up in some sections. We’ll then leave the forest behind to ascend to the peak via a rocky pass, marveling at the breathtaking views of Bali at our feet.
We’ll arrive at the peak once the sun has already risen above the horizon, its intense light allowing us to see the amazing caldera of Mount Agung. Once at the summit, we’ll replenish our strength with a comforting breakfast, before returning to the base.
What to wear/bring
- Warm jacket
- Long pants
- Trekking shoes with good grip
- Backpack and camera
- Private hotel transfer round trip
- Certified personal local mountain guide
- Entrance to Mount Agung
- Water bottle
- Breakfast, hot tea/coffee
- Flash light and trekking pole
- Ponchos/rain coat
A. Via Pasar Agung Temple (short route)
- Solo traveler IDR 1.500k
- Group of 2 : IDR 825k/person
- Group of 3 : IDR 625k/person
- Group of 4 : IDR 525k/person
B. Via Besakih Temple (long route)
- Solo traveler IDR 1.700k
- Group of 2 : IDR 950k/person
- Group of 3 : IDR 700k/person
- Group of 4 : IDR 675k/person
RESERVATION & PAYMENT TERM
- Please contact us via WhatsApp below and include your date of tour, hotel location and total participant
- Please contact us directly to avoid commission (don’t ask someone else to book for you)
- Payment via cash in Indonesian currency (IDR) upon pickup
- We may ask for deposit if required, processed via Paypal, wise or bank transfer